My Sweet Pea’s in Texas

Saturday, October 11, 2008

What a way to wake up in the morning!!

So I am sound of sleep. I kind of wake up and here feet walking around. I thought it was Katie. She comes and gets in bed with me and snuggles. Well then she didn't get in bed so I figured I was just hearing things. I went back to sleep. Then I hear hissing from Nubley. For those who don't know she is my cat. I thought maybe Lucky our outside cat snuck inside when Gary left at 6am to go hunting. Well her hissing got really bad and then I hear some more hisses and they were not cats! I crawl to the end of the bed and up pops eyes! OMG!!!!! What the h*e*double hockey sticks is that? Then I get my pillow and try to get it away from attempting to get on the bed. I try to hit it again and it went under Gary's desk. So I fly up and grab my phone it is the first thing I grab because I attempted to turn my light on and I had unplugged it so I could use my heating pad. Push one of my buttons to get light. I shined it over at the desk and what do I see but this!!

I am screaming of course. I am fumbling for my glasses, wondering if I am seeing right. Put them on yup I am seeing right. I get up, grab Nubley, shut the bathroom door, the closet door, and last but not least, got me and Nubley out of there and closed the bedroom door. After that I am thinking how in the world am I going to get that thing out! I am thinking I have to call someone. I was not going to call Gary he is hunting so I call my dad. Mind you it is 6:30 or 7am. He doesn't get up that early. I say oooooh well and I wake him up. I apologize and tell him that a raccoon tried to get in bed with me. He goes what! I have a raccoon in my bedroom. Then I had another thought, did any others come in with that one? So I go looking around and here comes Katie. So I tell her to go to the kitchen and wait for me. I go with her and see the screen door open. That darned raccoon opened our screen door enough for it to get in! By this point my mom is by my dad and my sis who stayed there last night. My sister goes have you taken pictures I say oooooh I should do that! I am still scared because I still have no clue how I am going to get this thing out of my house! Looked around the house some more to make sure there were no more, and no more thank goodness! I am telling my dad to come over. Then he says take the screens off. I said oooh good idea! I went and got a screwdriver to get the screen off the window. I go to do that and this is what I see.



This raccoon is the fattest one I have ever seen!! I get the screen off of the left side so it can get out without having to get out next to me. But that thing never even moved! It smelled my hand through the screen. It wasn't even scared of me! I took the screen off and the thing is so darn fat it could not climb out the window! I even took a broom and put it under its bottom and it still could not get out. I took the other screen out and it had to get out by standing on the shredder. All in all everything turned out good! The raccoon walked away into the sunrise! Hopefully I will not be seeing the girl again in my bedroom! Here are some more pics of her escape!





Oooh I forgot when she got out she walked of to the screen door to see Katie and then off she went. I thought it was too funny!


This was the mess I found when I went into my bedroom. She was a clean raccoon, I have to say! No bathroom breaks for this girl. Thank goodness! But she got into Gary's garbage and pulled his ipod off his desk. Then I went into the bathroom. I put powder on in our bathtub, so there is powder in the tub. I look in the tub and see little raccoon prints in the powder and then little prints on the rugs.


So I hope you enjoyed my adventures of me and the raccoon that wanted to snuggle! Hee hee On an ending note here she goes........



4 comments:

Cathy said...

OMG!!!! I think I would have fainted!

I'm terrified of raccoons after hearing a story of a rabid one stalking my hubby in his shop.

She looks very sweet, however, and quite possibly a soon-to-be momma!

Great pics!

Susie said...

I know! My mom was joking and said she had come to me to help her be a mommy! I said two was enough in our room when they were born. I dont need how many a raccoon has in there too. Hee hee

~aj~ said...

Okay, I know that had to be terrifying, but the pictures are absolutely hilarious!

Of course I would have peed all over myself had that been me. :)

Kelly said...

I would've had a heart attack if I woke up to that!!!!

Pics really are awesome though :p